Skip to main content

In the News...

  • Want to know the latest on BarneyNY/Dubai? Well, Dubai's Istithmar is considering launching Barneys New York in markets such as China and the Middle East if it completes the deal to buy Barneys NY. As reported in UAE's media, Istithmar considered its $825 million bid for Barney's a "full offer" and would wait until next month to find out whether it had succeeded against an unsolicited $900 million offer from a Japanese company.

  • Mango & Stradivarius are having sale now up to 70%. You can go to any of the following locations: Al-Fanar, Souk Sharq, Magic Mall, Mohallab, Marina Mall, and The Avenues.


  • New Autumn/Winter 2007 deliveries for D&G and Manish Arora have arrived at Villa Moda Shuwaikh.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Apart from Manish Arora, Ritu Kumar and Falguni Peacock what other Indian designers get to strut their stuff in this country through the Villa Moda vehicle? Does VM already carry the Abou Jani - Sandeep Khosla and the Anita Dongre labels ?
Anonymous said…
Commenting here I feel like I just entered the ladies room by mistake , but I really admire how you're blogging about your passion. I used to have such a blog that talked about only one thing, and I would really like to see that more between the kuwaiti bloggers instead of just making posts about their individual lives.

Keep up the good work and don't give up ;P
Confashion said…
monsoon belles
As far as I know, these are the only indian designers who sell their collection at Villa Moda. But actually, there are a couple of stores in Kuwait which sell high quality clothes designed by really creative indian designers.

Welcome to my blog ;)

Carlsb3rg
Well, thank you very much & welcome to my blog :) It's my passion and addicition, so I do have a lot to talk about :)

What was your blog about?
Anonymous said…
Football :P
Confashion said…
Carlsb3rg
what made you stop?
Anonymous said…
It was very time consuming. I had to keep updated on everything, and things happen by the hour in football. If I don't post something in a couple of days, anything i write would be considered already old. Plus with work, I really did not have the time. I had alot of readers from different countries, and I reached 25,000 hits in a few months, but throof khasa I guess.
Anonymous said…
Actually, there are several points of sale for Indian designer Tarun Tahiliani in Kuwait. It is another matter however that Aish looked positively hideous in a Tahiliani gown at the IIFA film awards do in Europe.
Confashion said…
Carlsb3rg
25,000 hits! wow! very impressive. you're right, maintaining a blog is not something easy to do but at least it's something bloggers enjoy doing.

watch that hemline
Do you have a URL or an image of Aishwariya's dress you have mentioned? I'd like to see how it looked like :)
Anonymous said…
Oh I enjoyed it very much.. Sometimes I think of getting back to blogging, but I always realize that I won't have the time for it.
Anonymous said…
Connie:

Well, of course, I can share the URL with you. Aish's garbage bag attire can be visited at www.taruntahiliani.com - just click on who's wearing TT (Aish appears the female in black on the far right of your screen). It's as though Tahiliani Baba had in mind a kids Halloween party while designing never mind if most Bollywood celebs are only juvenile adults but that's beside the point.
Confashion said…
watch that hemline
Hmm.. actually, the design of Aish's black dress was not THAT bad, it's the fabric that made i look a little bit on the trashy side. Who's your fave indian designer?
Confashion said…
Carlsb3rg
Believe me, it's all about time management ;P
Anonymous said…
My fave Indian designer for all seasons is Shahab Durazi for men and Leena Tipnis for women (Rina Dhaka comes a close second).
Confashion said…
watch that hemline
I'll google Leena Tipnis now, I'm so interested to see her designs.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .