Barneys NY received an unsolicited bid from a Japanese company to acquire Barneys for $900 million, which tops Istithmar's bid to buy the upscale clothing chain for $825 million. Barneys would have to pay Istithmar a $20.6 million breakup fee if it terminated their agreement now, or $22.7 million if it terminated the deal after July 22.
Did my post jinx Istithmar? Does that mean the giant luxury department store will no longer open in Dubai? I guess so.
Knowing Emiraatis; they are quick operators. They will buy majority stake in the Japanese company that will eventually acquire Barney's. And closer to home, is Kuwait Inc. serious about taking over Harrods of Knightsbridge ?? Gosh! I don't know about a take over but that store could seriously use a long overdue makeover, for sure.
This post is dedicated to our Muhajababes (fashionistas who wear hijab) courtesy of one of our fab readers JF Scarves . If you're looking for new head scarves to wear this Eid, check out their latest exclusive collection of designs with Swarovski crystals, pearls, metallic studs of all shapes and sizes. To order, please call (+965) 9991-2291 or send a Facebook message .
Still looking for Ramadan caftans? Check out the new Ramadan collection Ha2 by Hanan Al-Jouan which is now on display at Ghazl El Banat boutique located in Villa Karizma, opposite to Amiri Hospital. Opening hours are from 10am to 2pm and from 5pm to 10pm.
Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a soft spot for bag charms. They're fun, cute, and add a dose of irresistible character to your plain handbag. So when I got the news about Miu Miu paying tribute to the Middle Eastern culture by presenting an exclusive playful yet multifunctional accessories in luxurious precious skin, I got excited intrigued. The round-shaped charms has the Arabic alphabet, each piece presenting a letter design with metallic hues and vibrant colors. They're cute, nothing groundbreaking. I'm not sure if these bags charms would step up my bag charms game, but I guess it depends on their price tag and how "exclusively" exclusive they are. Maybe they'll grow on me? I don't know... What do you think? The charms should be available exclusively in Miu Miu Boutiques throughout our region.
Comments
And closer to home, is Kuwait Inc. serious about taking over Harrods of Knightsbridge ??
Gosh! I don't know about a take over but that store could seriously use a long overdue makeover, for sure.
Makeover or no Makeover, what matters to me is what's in the inside :P