Skip to main content

Sitting Front Row at Prabal Gurung's Fashion Show

Yup, you read that right. I was invited to Prabal Gurung's exclusive Fashion Show over the weekend, and yours truly was seated front row, sipping on my chamomile tea and wearing my comfiest jammies. Nope I'm not hallucinating. I was chosen exclusively from the Middle East by M.A.C cosmetics to attend and cover a virtual fashion show where Prabal Gurung presented his first online runway show hosted by KCD Worldwide’s new Digital Fashion Shows platform. This platform is an innovative information delivery system that provides a third way, along with runway shows and presentations, to deliver crucial fashion information to editors, journalists, and retail executives. It provides all the information and materials needed to review, cover and potentially buy the collection, just like a physical show, but each of the invited guests has a front row seat and behind the scenes access at their fingertips. Welcome to the new generation of fashion reporting and buying. 

Prabal Gurung showcased his collection for Japanese brand ICB in an online invite-only event. Featured here are some of my favorite looks. I loved how the designer mixed bright hues with structured lines. Looked very uber-chic.   

I also liked how the models had an effortless not-so-done approach to beauty. So I checked out the info related to beauty on site and came to know that to achieve that dewy and natural look on the models, the make-up artists used M·A·C Care Blends Essential Oils and M·A·C Prime Future. On the cheekbones the artists used M·A·C Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy was patted onto the centre of the cheeks to give a slight flush appearance as though the model has been out in the cold. To highlight, M·A·C Cream Colour Base in Pearl was gently applied. I need to try these out at the counter myself to see the effect on me. Until then, enjoy the pics....




Comments

Anonymous said…
You can pre-order any piece from Prabal Gurung's FW 2012 currently on Modaoperandi.com.. available for 3 more days only in addition to Thakoon, Alexander Wang and many more designers coming up this week :)
Unknown said…
So happy for u that your efforts are recognized and to be selected for this !
and ofcourse I just LUV the virtual part of it so so cool :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .