Skip to main content

The Persia Collection by Rug Star

I'm definitely no expert when it comes to interior design, but since I picked the couch for my mission home revamp project, I felt that the second natural step to do is pick a rug. I'm looking for something unconventional but not too eccentric. So my friend suggested I pass by Rug Star exhibition, which was organized by SAMOVAR Carpets & Antiques showroom, to view their latest line of rugs titled The Persia Collection. 

Designed by Rug Star creator JĂĽrgen Dahlmanns, the collection incorporates the elements and traditional patterns of antique Persian rugs into Dahlmanns's signature modern designs and vibrant color schemes. The results? a gorgeous selection of modern rugs with a traditional twist. The thing that really got me on these rugs was the way they intermingled the colors in the background.

So how did the designer come up with this idea? I asked SAMOVAR's owners. Apparently after the successful 2010 launch of Rug Star in Kuwait at SAMOVAR, the owners pushed the idea of creating modern rugs using Persian designs to JĂĽrgen Dahlmanns, who loved the idea and that's how The Persia Collection was born.

The Persia Collection by Rug Star exhibition is currently being held at Al Tilal Complex next to Living Colors restaurant until end of the month.




Comments

justnoon said…
i want the blue one please
PrimaDonna said…
The blue is gorgeous! How much are they if you don't mind me asking?
Confashion said…
justnoon
It's a beauty!

PrimaDonna
Hmm.. I forgot :( let me check with Samovar owners again and get back to you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .