Skip to main content

Summer Or Fall

When I plan to go out shopping, I'm usually focused. I know what I need and I know what I want. Very easy in theory. However, when I shop in certain places in Kuwait such as Al Othman, 4 boutique, and Villa Moda. That same theory magically disappears the moment I see some incredible and beautiful pieces like this emerald green leather textured and structured leather jacket by Poleci at Villa Moda Al Fanar. Even though it's from the designer's S/S 2009 collection, it's a perfect piece for our Fall. besides, who would wear leather in the summer, right? The jacket is priced at KD 435. I love how the model paired it with a white lace top. Moving on...

I'm a sucker for almost anything Thakoon-ish. And this tie-dye vibrant pink and red shirt dress from the designer's Resort 2009 collection is too beautiful to miss. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) it didn't fit me well. Price tag? KD 515.

Here's the "almost anything" from Thakoon exception. I'm not crazy about this evening gown from the S/S 2009 collection. But the small pleated details on the chest are interesting. the rest of the gown and its color is a bit boring. Price tag KD 1,054. Not sure if it's on sale or not.

Hmm..I wonder what happened to my "had enough from summer collection" complaint!

Comments

nosa said…
the pink and red shirt dress is AMAZING !!!

totally loved it!
Confashion said…
nosa
Looks even better in real ;)
Anonymous said…
cropped leather jackets are amust have summer piece for certain European countries, even some Amercian cities where the temp significantly drops down at night.
Cooookies said…
Mbarak 3laaich ilshahar ;*
Sn3a said…
the last dress is on sale
it's 5oo something now
Anonymous said…
435 kd for that jacket, thats insane... kilish nothin special oo a9lan tlgon a7la mina oo those dresses ib like $100.
dalal said…
i like the pink dress its so pretty :)
the boudoir. said…
the pale dress doesnt look that bad, the important question is that if it looked good when u tried it? were all the pieces from VM fanar?
Confashion said…
Anonymous
True.. But for us, summer leather jackets on discount are bargain pieces to be worn for chillier seasons. :)

Cooookies
3alaina o 3alaich :**

Sn3a
Thanks ;) I wasn't sure about it.

Anonymous
Yeah, the leather jacket is slightly over-priced. IF it was (or maybe it is) on discount, then it would have been a bargain buy.

Dalal
And it's an easy summer to fall piece!

Boudoir
Yes, all pieces featured on this post are from AlFanar.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .