Skip to main content

Summer Ain't Over

OK, I HATE this time of the year, when most of Kuwait's shops are on a "pause" mood:
  • No new Fall collections
  • Pre-fall collections are very limited/boring
  • New collections will be on display just weeks before Eid
  • Some summer collections are still to this day full-priced even though you can find the same items online on 50% discount!

So I find it quite difficult finding nice AND new items in stores. Anyhow, on a recent shopping trip to Villa Moda Shuwaikh. I found 3 cute items, but they're from the s/s 2009 collection, they are not on sale. This Meher & Riddhima vibrant mint green top with ruched details on the sleeves is fun to wear for casual outings. It comes with a bright pink necklace made out of long twisted fabric. Price tag? KD 197.

I loved this Akira bright orange short sleeves dress, it has a great fit. The details of the sleeves, fabric mix'n'matching with some matt golden embroidery makes it ideal for Ramadan's formal outings. Price tag? KD 531.



Another elegent find for women in their 40's and 50's, Akira light jacket which would look very classy paired with stright cut pants or dresses. Price tag? KD 510.

Comments

you know confashions
u should have ur own brand ur taste is timless and unique :)
nosa said…
amazing choices!

totally loved them!!

i went to 4ever 21 yesterday n everything was soo sumery :D soo loved the feeling :D
AZM said…
Cute choices.
Perfect for a Summer in Ramadan
the boudoir. said…
OMG I have that turquoise blouse/dress with the hot pink necklace! got it since the beginning of May and still same price! thats fraud;( summer stuff should all be on sale now..
I like Akira! wearable stuff and u chose two beautiful pieces:)
Dark angel said…
the green top looks amazing

:)
What a fabulous mix!
The turquoise necklace looks awesome with the pink necklace!

I´m also excited to see the new fall collections in the store!

Happy sunday!
dalal said…
beautiful pieces from akira :)

i loved them ...
Confashion said…
om comment kuwait
I’m extremely flattered! Thank you :*

nosa
Thank you ;) I love summery clothes! But I got bored from seeing the same thing over and over again :P

AZM
Thanks ;) and roomy enough for bloated futoor bellies.

The Boudoir.
Great minds "shop" alike ;) and thanks!

dark angle
Thank you :)

The Little Fashion Treasury
Same here! I already have my shopping list ready :P

dalal
I love this brand. Always beautiful and unique pieces.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .