Skip to main content

Fall In Villa Moda

If the Birkin bag came in a cheaper version, it would pretty much look like this Prada black leather tote. That's the first thing I noticed at Villa Moda Shuwaikh when I went there to check out their new Fall/Winter 2009 arrivals. The bag actually looks much better in real life and it's affordable in price considering it's a Prada leather day bag which you can easily fit your laptop in. Price tag? Around KD 470.

More Fall Prada bags in maroonish leather. They were ok.

Prada's prom-like cocktail pouffy dress has a nice neckline but overall? the dress is a bit on the blah side. OK, I'm starting to get disappointed now!

I had mixed feelings about Miu Miu's Fall collection


Not super crazy about the red bag and the red clutch shown here, but if you're a Miu Miu fanatic, you might like them

More from Miu Miu's Fall bags collection. I'm not jumping for joy over these either



Miu Miu's clothes were far more exciting than the bag's selection. I liked this beautiful silk green sleeveless top with soft ruffle details on the side. It would add just the right amount of color to winter's greys and blacks

This top also looked kind of cute with it's ruffle details on sleeves and neckline.. I'll keep on searching though..



This grey wool dress with structured pleats was probably the nicest item from collection on display but it was a size bigger than my size and it looked unflattering on me.. so I'll pass.


Comments

YasmineElCharif said…
hmm well for ur laptop or not, I wasn't too crazy about those Prada bags which really disappointed me as well! In all fairness they are OK but thats the thing they seem so average even for an attempt at a Berkin look alike!
But the clothes were dreamy, the purples and greens i fell in loooove :)

MY fave bag for a laptop would have to be the LV Passy GM or Bagatelle GM.. timeless and classic!
Anonymous said…
i miss working at villa moda

and i lkie theire staff

:D
Anonymous said…
miumiu <3

multi-brand section next to which retail store in vm?
AZM said…
In all honestly...

While people may have mixed feelings and to from season to season, but Miuccia Prada never disappoints.

She's a practical fashion artist/designer.

The Coco Chanel of our time no doubt.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .