Skip to main content

Gourmet Gurgai'an


Some of my relatives are on the look out for new ideas for Gurgai'an this year and are not too keen on the thought of distributing co-op bulk candy and nuts for this Ramadan's Gurgai'an (!!!). So I was taken by surprise when I was shopping around at Dean & Deluca and found some Gurgai'an samples. I was like "Whooha! Gourmet Gurgaia'an!!?! That would appeal to some!" They had small baskets of dried fruits, mixed nuts, dates filled with flavored something, and candies. So if you're interested, prices start at KD 2 per piece.

Dean & Deluca is located at the Avenues Phase II. For more information, please call (+965) 2224-2224.

Comments

Itsallg000d said…
I think that adults’ interference in gurgai'an has ruined this occasion. It became more about who with the best looking, highest quality, most expensive and decorative ones ... etc

Kids are no longer enjoying it! They find themselves suddenly dressed up with wired unpractical flashy clothes (some of those outfits are not even authentic Kuwaiti)

Thank you for the post :)
Ansam said…
Thats awesome... and its very well priced sara7a... I hope it does not defy the whole purpose of the real gergai3an!!! And Itsallg00d make a very valid point here!!!
Jewaira said…
I agree with the first comment

Adults stop ruining gergaian for the kids. so materialistic
Confashion said…
itsallg00d and Jewaira
I totally agree! The're using gurgaia'an to show off.. they forget the whole idea of having a gurgaia'an is to share and give.

Ansam
Honestly, I thought they'd be pricer but not bad from a gourmet store..

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .