Skip to main content

Outfit of the Big Day

When I received a call from the representative of Arab Woman Awards, I was beyond excited! To be nominated for the Arab Woman Awards 2015 in the "New Media" category, and to be among all these hardworking and inspiring Arab women women is something I only dreamed of! And this dream has become a reality. I had to pinch myself during the call to believe it. 

Launched in 2009, the Arab Woman Awards mission is to provide a culturally accepted platform to raise public awareness of the significant achievements of Arab women across the GCC and provide positive role models for young women. The ten-year vision is to have awarded over 500 inspirational, talented & deserving Arab women. 

So for the big day, I chose to wear this featured outfit. I thought I must look professional and not overly over-the-top. So I went for my Pierre Balmain cape-like blazer and paired it with a pair of Helmut Lang cropped pants, black top by Alexander Wang, knotted heels with brooches by No. 21, and layered my favorite Monies necklaces for that oomph factor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .