The other day I passed by the renowned Beirut-based brands Orient 499 and Iwan Maktabi's exhibition that was hosted at Dar Al Funoon in Kuwait. I was more interested to see their home accessories than the caftans. Besides, their caftans although they were very nice and pretty, they were REALLY overpriced. I guess they had to hike up their prices to cover their travel costs? Anyhow, their home accessories were really worth viewing. I loved the mix of modern ethno-chic objects, combining old tradition with a touch of modernity. The Ikat rug by Iwan Maktabi's was my ultimate favorite. I would definitely invest in such a piece for my future home. Scroll down for some of my favorite pieces.
Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?









Comments