Skip to main content

Event: The 11 Charity Event

I had the pleasure of attending a charity photography exhibit today, held at Al Tilal Gallery, showcasing a collection of photos taken by The 11, an active group of eleven Kuwaiti photographers, during a trip to Vietnam in 2014. The groups of 11 photographers were selling all photographs, including a coffee table book featuring the full photo library during the exhibit. What's very nice a generous about their charitable event is that all proceeds from sales will be donated to The Kuwait Center for Autism.

What I loved about their portrait photos of the people living in that part of the world, is that you can actually feel the mood of each photo, they're something surreal about seeing people with a completely different culture in their natural habitat, observing their surroundings, and in my case, getting a close look at their traditional fashion. Everything, from the silver hand-made jewelry, to the embroidered details of the clothes, was quite captivating to me. I would love to visit Vietnam one day and explore such places.

Scroll down for some of my favorite photos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .