Skip to main content

Where Cakes Meet Fashion


When I first read about Al Othman's latest display, I had to go there and see for myself the creative concept "Let them eat Couture" which was designed by Al Othman in collaboration with Boutique 4. Cakes and cupcakes were covered in yummy looking and colorful frosting and decorated with long strands of pearls. And why should cakes and frosting take all the attention?! Gorgeous Loubs, Brunos, and other designer clothes were also part of the theme. Each designed area encourages you to enjoy the simple pleasure of shopping and savor the sweetness of retail therapy. I have to admit that Al Othman and Boutique 4 have really raised the bar for retailers in Kuwait. And that's haute!


Comments

nine said…
I keep saying this over and over again, I LOVE how creative ppl are getting. I cant wait to pass by and have a look at it myself. Great job ! :)
Artsy O said…
Thank you for the post!
Hellwafashion said…
Think they've raised the bar for retailers in the Gulf in general!
So cute,great pics too!
Anonymous said…
love the idea !!! great job ..
DoDoq8 said…
7lwoo

bs the last picher ma 3gbtne

lish elshose 3nd elcup cake

est'3fr alah!
Anonymous said…
Whats with cake and fashion now adays?! Ted Baker now has the same layout... tea party with yummy looking cakes and fashion mannequins all around it!
Confashion said…
Well the cupcakes were fake, so I don't see a problem with that :)
Amira said…
Although they're fake but look really delicious hehe

Love it, very creative. I wish they would get that creative around here as well!
Chicken Soup said…
I still can't get over how awesome this turned out.. My sister did an outstanding job :* There's nothing more gratifying than watching her brainstorm and create these designs in a matter of weeks! This is one of my favorite works and I'm more than sure that she has incredible ideas up her sleeve for the future! Mashallah 3alaich Shoosh ;* Great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .