Skip to main content

Mani and Pedi NStyle


With all my focus has gone on rehabbing party/curling iron stressed hair lately, I overlooked my dried out poor nails. So I decided to give my nails an extensive royal treatment at NStyle, one of the first dedicated nail salons opened in Kuwait. Even though I haven’t been there for quite some time for no reason other than being lazy, the place did look as fresh and clean as it did a couple of years back. I know now a days we have a lot of options but Nstyle gets my vote for its clean and friendly ambiance and their prices are reasonable. And even though they take their time with their mani/pedi’s, they do such a great job and my nail polish lasted longer than it usually does. Also, I have noticed that a lot of my friends are still loyal to Nstyle to this day and refuse to go anywhere else.

Anyhow, I found some interesting services at Nstyle which made me write this post, like the oxygen bar, (which I thought it was a cool slush machine!) where you get to breath higher concentration of oxygen to increase your energy, clear your the mind, and release toxic headaches and stress. I haven't tried it yet, but if you did, please do share.

I might be outdated, but I was impressed when the nail therapist told me that they offer free wireless internet at the Salon and if you're a student, you can come in every Sunday or Monday and you'll receive 10% off. I like it with businesses think out of the box (the oxygen bar/free surfing) and care about students' savings (the student discount).



NStyle is located in Salmiya at Bustan Complex's 1st Floor. For appointments, please call (+965) 2571-9050.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love NStyle, their manicurists are the best and their location is great.

But I stopped going there a while back, mainly due to laziness and the fact that their methods of sterilizing is questionable. I wish they would invest in an autoclave, if they haven't already.
rima said…
Thanks Anonymous for your nice words about NStyle.
Our sterilizing method is:First implements are washed with an antibacterial soap,then soaked for 8 minutes in a registred hospital disinfectant called BARBICIDE,which is a bactericidal,fungicidal,and virucidal.They are washed after with clear water,then transferred in special Sterilizing Pouches with adhesive close seal ready for use.
Please drop by and I would be more than happy to show you around and explain again.

Btw,we have also introduced disposable foot files, disposable Mani&Pedi kits which customers can buy and then use at an additional price of half KD.
Thanks again,hope to see you soon at NStyle.
dalal said…
this is my favorait nail spa in kuwait ...
n said…
Anonymous-

How are their methods of sterilizing questionable? If anything, I find them the cleanest nail spa in Kuwait.
Let's be real here; Kuwait is full of shady nail places camouflaged by pretty decor, but when it comes down to it never dettol the nail bowls, or open a fresh pack of nail tools.

At NStyle I can at least take my mind off funky infections and nasty foot fungus and focus on picking a colour (as I am very indecisive). I've heard some horror stories about other nail spas in Kuwait (I won't mention any names), however this is the first complaint I've heard about NStyle.
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Nstyle! THey are the tidiest most precise nail salon in Kuwait. THey are the cheapest among the nail salons and the best quality. I never have to worry about my cuticles getting out of control or my color chipping when I go there! THank you for a great post Confashions! And keep up the great work Nstyle!
Anonymous said…
I love NStyle
my favorait nail spa
Anonymous said…
best place to get my nails done! Looking forward to checking out the Minx !
Anonymous said…
rima,

Thanks for the clarification. A suggestion is to promote awareness within the salon, as I know many really care about how these tools are sterilized. Maybe a little piece of paper laid on the table. This is definitely comforting to hear, and the disposable kit is excellent!


n,

it is not exactly a complaint, more like lack of information. The salon itself is extremely clean, but when I ask the manicurist they say they wash with antibacterial, which for me is not enough. The problem is, the salon and tools may appear clean, but infested with bacteria. A sterilized pouch is not an indication of cleanliness. I am glad rima clarified this issue.


To reiterate what I said, i stopped going there mainly due to laziness. The place has always been my favorite nail salon, and still is. As a matter of fact, I just booked an appointment for next Saturday, and really looking forward to it :)
rima said…
Thanks everybody for your concern and love for NStyle.
As for the last comment from Anonymous,I thank you for the clarification and the suggestions.
Some of the Manicurist have language problems,so they are not able to express themselves properly.But I will make sure that I explain again what should they be answering.
I do have another suggestion and that is:ask the manucurist who is going to attend you to get the Barbicide table jar out and then immerse the implements again infront of you in it after taking them out from the pouch.This way you will be 100% comfortable.
Hope your experience next Saturday will be good.
Anonymous said…
Can I make an appointment for nail extensions with an UV gel overlay?

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .