Skip to main content

In the Navy




Extremely popular almost every resort is the classic Nautical trend. I like the combo of red, navy, and white. There's something preppy about those colors. Anyhow, the shoes collection at Chanel Boutique in Salhiya is the easiest way to pay a nod to the nautical trend. This cruise, the brand presented the classic white and navy (or red) stripes in a quirky laced-up peep-toe boots which almost appealed to my taste if it wasn't for the huge interlocked C's. And I wasn't too thrilled with the espadrille version either. But maybe if I pair the boots with white sailor-style wide pants, the C's wouldn't look as bad?

Comments

1001Nights said…
I agree with you that the combination of colors is nice and that it looks preppy. But those laced up boots look garish and I'm a little surprised at Chanel for creating such a thing. The flats are not bad though.Still, I say buy funkier stuff from designers that are funky (Manolo's, Nicholas Kirkwood,Sergio Rossi, etc) and buy classic stuff from designers that do classic better. Chanel simply does classic better.
Confashion said…
1001Nights
Every season Chanel surprises us with some creations that might not appeal to all. But honestly, that's what I like about them, the fact that they look weird. I mean To me, it's like a challenge on how to make them look cool. And I love such challenges ;) Don't always work though! :P

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .