Skip to main content

Pround To Be Whimsy.. and More


The other day I went to “Proud To Be Kuwaiti” (P2BK) event and I must say that even though the parking lot was a chaos, the event was a success and inside it was very well organized. I’m sure a lot of you have been there, so I’m not going to talk about the event’s program. Instead, I’ll keep my post short and sweet by highlighting the things that I liked about the participants in the fashion field only. So here it goes..

  • Putting a face to the email. It was exiting to finally get to see in person the people behind the businesses: Paisley, Nuwany.com, Trendy Fanatics, Virtue, NohaNoor… and more. All the lovely e-mails I have received when they first introduced their businesses or sent me updates, you were all sweet and friendly
  • The best 100% Kuwaiti fashion business award goes to Whimsy, their handmade etsy-isique necklaces are unbelievably cute and dreamy. Whimsy Girls if you’re reading, please send me photos of your work, I’d love to feature it on my blog
  • The most innovative and eye-catching booth design goes to.. well I couldn’t make up my mind so it’s a tie between Jinan by Jinan Al-Faris’s 3D/coming-to-life Audrey Hepburn decorated booth and the Whimsy girls as shown in the photos featured here. How did you come up with these concepts and who did it for you? Amazing work.
  • The P2BK’s old Kuwait TV series themed t-shirts and coffee cups. The artwork was very very nice that I couldn’t resist buying the t-shirt. Are they currently being sold anywhere else? Circus BC, can you create canvas shopping bags using the same artwork?

Comments

Anonymous said…
the girls in paisley were anything but not sweet and friendly IMO !Maybe when you were there ok but when we were they were fighting and acting childish in front of everyone but wiow whimzy was very impressive
Anonymous said…
Confy,

Great of you to have passed by the event.
Glad you liked the tshirts we designed, they are still being sold in our premises and why not, slide us an email lets see what we can do for you!

Comfy
P2BK Visitor said…
The girls in Paisley were sweethearts! And they were so helpful! I bought 3 of their necklaces and I've worn them to jam3a with lots of compliments.

I also loved Capital District. Their ideas were fresh and cool.

It was so crowded but very worth it!
Anonymous said…
Whimsy ( Reem Dashti),
Thank you so much for the amazing effort, the pics are nice and looks so whimsy too ;)
For me as an architect and interior designer, The booth design was an interesting exercise for me to start after my recent graduation . The concept revolves around the idea of letting the customers be attracted to the booth from a distance then enjoy a dreamy experience inside the booth while wearing our artsy pieces. The Booth looks like a jewelry workshop with a rustic touch that was expressed with soft colors, natural wood textures and of course within a modern twist.
The work was done !00% by me and of course got some help in setting the booth from my husband , cousin Sara ( whimsy Partner) and Father
hamdool said…
i'm so proud as well ..

i saw some of the work they're doing 2 months ago in Hilton's ex. & now they are progressing alot with a very creative idea's .. they are one of a kind & that's what is so special about them .. keep it up girls & thanks for spotlighting such an effort.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .