Skip to main content

Dear Confashion: AUK student wins first prize in UN competition


I get so inspired when i read success stories about ambitious Kuwaiti women.  This is another inspirational un-fashion related post that I just could not resist featuring. I got an e-mail  from NSA about a Kuwaiti female AUK student who won first prize in UN-HABITAT writing competition.

The United Nations Human Settlements Programme Office for Arab Cities announced the winners for the 2010 writing competition entitled "Cities, Climate Change and Youth".  The competition was open to  undergraduate and post graduate students below the age of 30, enrolled in any university in an Arab city.  First place went to a Kuwaiti student, Miss. Shaha Bader Al-Munaifi of the American University of Kuwait. The winner attended the United Nations World Urban Assembly in Rio de Janeiro from March 19-20, 2010 as a guest of the UNITED NATIONS. The runner ups Ms. Samah Muhammad Khalid and Mr. Nasser Sharaf Al-Ajmi will receive a certificate of achievement from the United Nations Habitat Office, with the possibility to publish their research on the United Nations-Habitat website. You can read more about it here. Congrats Shaha and best of luck.

Comments

miss ghesquiere said…
yaaaaaaay!!! the link is broken though
Confashion said…
Miss ghesquiere
Thanks for informing me. I just fixed it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .