Getting a Mother's Day gift is one of the challenging things I do every year. So I was excited to find the perfect last-minute Mother's Day gift which I'm sure she would love, wear, and treasure forever (hopefully!), a friend recommended me to go to a boutique called Thoub Zaman at Salhiya Complex, where I can find exquisite Darra'at (traditional dresses), and since my mother loves wearing the traditional dress for family gatherings, I decided to check out the place and buy her a darra'a as part of a Mother's Day gift basket. When I went there, I was surprised to find that the place not only sells Darra'at, but also, wedding gowns, evening gowns, and even formal dresses that appeal to the younger generation. The boutique is such a warm and welcoming place that it will make you feel like you're browsing a friend's closet. Pricing is fair considering the amount of detailed embroidery done on the Darra'a. And apparently the boutique is very popular for Darra'at Ramadan. All in all, I'd definitely recommend them if you're looking for dressy darra'a for you moms.
Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?




Comments