Skip to main content

Event: Corto Moltedo Trunk Show in the Kuwait

I recently attended handbags designer Corto Moltedo's trunk show hosted by Zainab Alabdulrazzaq and Expose Communications at Sadu House. I was kind of excited about the event because it reminded me of the day when I bought my first Corto Moltedo clutch 5 or maybe 6 years ago from Net-a-porter (not stocked there anymore), I still have it stored somewhere in my handbags storage boxes. It was made out of mother of pearl and had 3 huge golden studs in the middle. I wish I could easily access my stored stuff so I could take a photo of it for you to see, they're currently in a warehouse waiting for my big move. Anyhow, the designer had his brand new selection of clutches and handbags on display for one day in Kuwait. Made in Florence, the selection included various shapes and sizes from everyday handbags to intricately embroidered clutches for special occasions. And by the way, only recently I found out that Corto Moltedo is actually the son of Laura and Vittorio Moltedo, the Founders of mega fashion house Bottega Veneta. I sensed some of Corto's new designs were kind of inspired by Bottega's iconic clutches like the "Knot", luxurious handbags like the messenger bag, and the technique used in its colored exotic leathers. Just scroll down and you'll see what I mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .