Skip to main content

Unwrapping Net-a-Porter's Holiday Kit

If you've been following me on instagram (@confashions), you have probably seen my post about Net-A-Porter's surprise package that was delivered to me.  I received a limited-edition beauty set called The Holiday Kit. It contains 14 selected luxury travel and full-sized makeup, haircare, bath, body, and skincare products. I didn't want to post about it immediately because I wasted to have sometime to try out the products and give a brief review of each item. Unfortunately, as I checked their site today, the kit is already sold out! BUT! You will find the products sold separately if interested. 
  • Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum (15ml/0.5oz.)
  • Erno Laszlo's soothing Phelityl Pre-Cleansing Oil and Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar: I haven't tried the cleansing oil yet but I did try the soap bar only and felt it deeply cleansed my skin, the only drawback is that it can get a little bit messy in the bathroom because of its dark texture
  • Verso's Retinol 8-infused Day Cream: I've used it for almost 2 weeks now but I really can't tell if I noticed any difference in the appearance of my skin. It did moisturize my dry skin well though.
  • Susanne Kaufmann's multitasking Shower/Shampoo treatment: Hands down! My favorite product in this kit! It's a shower/conditioner/shampoo in one! Perfect for busy days when you only want to spend 5 minutes in the shower!! LOVED it! 
  • SHOW Beauty's Divine Thickening Lotion: I didn't give me the volume I was looking for, but then again, my hair has a mind of its own. It did give a beautiful texture to my hair ends though for a messy chic look. 
  • Sleep Plus Pillow Spray: I haven't tried this one yet because I was worried it might make my asthma worse. Must let the hubby try it out. 
  • Renouve's Anti-Aging Hand-Sanitizer: The perfect alternative to your usual co-op hand sanitizer and it has the most beautiful scent AND it has collagen-boosting elements. Loved it! 
  • De Mamiel's Coconut-enriched Salvation Body Oil: One of my favorite products too, I use it after the shower to moisturize my skin and it does give a nice glow. Plus it has that luxe spa smell.
  • B the Eyebrow Experts' Clear Brow Gel: You can't go wrong with a brow gel! I use it as a mascara too. 
  • Malin + Goetz Vitamin b5 Body Moisturizer: it has a zesty and refreshing scent. I liked the fact that even though it has a light-weight feel, it richly moisturizes my hands, and FYI my skin tends to be very dry. What I hate about it is that it does't dispense properly from it's mini bottle. So every time I have to open the lid to use it. The reason might be of its travel-size bottle. 
  • Earth tu Face's Face Balm I use this 2 hours before I shower because it's quite oily but it gives a beautiful radiant feel after. 
  •  Ilia's nourishing Bang Bang tinted Lip Conditioner: It's the ideal lipstick alternative! It gives that sheer effect with a subtle tint. 
  • Chantecaille's Liquid Lumiere Anti-Aging Face illuminator in Sheen: I mix this product with my tinted liquid foundation to give that youthful radiance and a firm/smooth skin. Loved it!
Now, I'm still not sure if beauty products can be shipped from Net-a-Porter to Kuwait. After receiving their Beauty Holiday Kit, my sister tried to place an order and it has been rejected for some reason, even though in the kit's note, the Net-a-Porter representative confirmed that they now ship too all countries in the Middle East. I'll further investigate that and keep you posted. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .