Skip to main content

Event: Toni Maticevski's Trunk Show at AlOthman

Throughout my blogging and work career, I have met a lot of fashion designers and international influential people from the fashion industry. I have to say that Australian fashion designer Toni Maticevski, was one of the friendliest and most genuine I have ever met. The talented designer visited Kuwait on Wednesday 26th November to celebrate the launch of his Resort 2015 collection at AlOthman boutique. Guests of the event were also able to preview and reserve Toni Maticevski's SS2015 Ready-to-Wear collection. 

First, here's a little background about the designer which I found on his website, Maticevski was established in 1999 and it offers exquisitely designed and crafted garments in beautiful feminine shapes and fabrics displaying his attention to detail, his skill in dressing the female form, and his mastery of drape and cuts. 

I first met him a day before the actual event and was really surprised by his humbleness and how approachable he was. He talked about his background, originally from Macedonia, how he was overwhelmed and flattered by the feedback from middle eastern clients on his instagram account, and his admiration to how trendy and flawless the women looked in Kuwait. 

On the night of the Trunk show, there was a special performance by the talented singer Nada Sharak and the talented guitarist Khalid, they played beautiful music, which set the mood right. Scroll down for highlights of the night as well as shots of super stylish guests! Enjoy!


A photo of the designer with one of his masterpieces. 

A cookie shaped as one of Toni Maticevski's iconic party dresses for Spring/Summer 2015, how cute is that?!

Beautiful people! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .