Skip to main content

BLAQ Concept Store

What do you do when a girl whom you've been secretly crushing over her sense of style opens up a multi-brand concept store? You cancel all your plans for the day and zoom head straight to her new fashion home, aka the store. That's exactly what I did when I heard Sarah Al Mussalam, one of the co-founders of BLAQ, opened up a concept store for men and women at Shuwaikh's Altelal Complex. Naturally and as expected, it did not disappoint on brands selection, price, or service. The cool thing was that I felt right at home from the moment I walked in the door, on my left was a seating area that could perfectly fit into any modern-loving home, and to my right was a small kitchenette with it's cozy seating area, which soon will be a full-functioning cafe for passer-bys and shoppers. As for the majority of the space, it was dedicated to women's and men's clothes and accessories. 

The softly-opened store BLAQ  offers a selection that will sate both the religiously fashionable and the occasional dabbler. I found mind blowing pieces by one of my favorite up-coming designers Palmer Harding. Finding out that this brand is actually stocked in Kuwait was like "That's it! You guys sealed the deal and I'm officially in love with you!!". Other brands include Toga footwear, Dominic Jones jewelry, Aamaya Priyanka jewelry, Paul & Joe, Opening Ceremony, YMC, Alexandra D. Foster luxury silk cushions, and much more. Have a quick scroll down to get an idea of what's BLAQ like.

"An official grand opening is set to happen soon, for now we're just testing the waters", expressed Sarah. I say go there ASAP to get your hands on the best of the best. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .