Skip to main content

Miraduma in Sirdab 6 Caftans

Ever since I've seen these photos of Russian entrepreneur and street style icon Miroslava Duma dressed in caftans by Sirdab 6 by Souad J. Al Sabah for a fashion editorial for Marie Claire Kuwait, and I've been anticipating the exhibition of the designer's Ramadan collection. Unfortunately for me, due to my personal commitments, I was unable to go to the exhibition which was held last week, but my sister did and she got one gorgeous flowy caftan, no photo of it yet, but hopefully soon. 

Souad J Al Sabah managed to turn her vision into a reality. In 2002, she launched her unique designs blending culture, design and art. She cleverly combined vintage with modern fabrics to create her own unique signature pieces. Her strive for excellence takes her all around the world in search of the finest fabrics. Her mastermind was behind the famous trend that has swept over the region, the "short dara'a."

According to the designer whom I met recently in a private function, at the beginning, majority of the women of Kuwait were against the concept of a dara'a (caftan) in a modernized world. Dara'as were meant to be worn by the elderly. Ramadan meant wearing tailored suits and skirts. Little did they know that the Dara'a would take over their closets. It quickly became the stamp of Ramadan and has now became a classic cut that women of all ages wear throughout the year.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .