Skip to main content

Me, Mathew, and H&M


Today was the debut of Matthew Williamson’s capsule collection for H&M which was held at the Avenues branch. The collection combined vibrant neo 80's colors with some hippie chic vibe to it. Apparently, the store was open to the public around 9am, so by the time people got there around 10-ish, the racks were pretty much almost empty. There was no sign of the short sequined dress that was donned by a lot of celebs, it was either the first item that got sold out or was not there in the first place. Two of my fave items of the collection were selling like hot cakes: 1) The pink fuschia dress with padded hips and 2) the cobalt blue suit. Some items were very mediocre and semi-overrated. I also liked the mint green skinny jeans and the studded belt which was also sold out as soon as I turned my head to the other side. There wasn't much time to think of what to buy/try on. If you don't grab it instantly, forget about it. Here are some photos of the event:






I hated the cardigan shown above, the embellishment was a bit on the tacky side. I actually liked the men's collection even more! It was a mixture of preppy hippie cool. The men's section was untouched, so guys.. I think you still have a chance to buy from this capsule collection.



The verdict? I'd have to say that I was slightly impressed with the quality of some of the items of the collection. It'd def 10 times better than the Cavalli one. I'd like to see new designers teaming up with H&M like Jason Wu or Peter Jensen. A word of advice to the event planners, try canapé next time instead of the huge Starbucks muffins and croissants..

Comments

DoDoq8 said…
اليوم رحت شفته حسافه عليه العنوه

والشووز الي ابييه ماوصل للحين
Anonymous said…
Just wanted to add that the store was not open to the GENERAL public at 9am, it was actually open for the VIP's ONLY (which were basically made up of the relatives of the H&M franchise owner in Kuwait!!). This info came straight from more than one H&M staff member this morning. I was shocked to see most of the key items gone (including the dress you were wondering about confashions) and it was explained that the VIPs (as they call them selves) left nothing behind!!with some of them taking 5 pieces of the same item!!

Although I did get some items, the ones I was there for I guess are not meant for the regular customer!!!!...which sadly is the target customer of H&M. I wonder what H&M head office would think about today's BEYOND unprofessional launching of the much awaited collection..sad...very dissapointing!!
Confashion said…
DodoQ8
The problem is that H&M Kuwait did not mention opening hours of the launch. I'm sure a lot of ppl would be there that early if they only knew.

AnonymousI agree, it should have been announced properly and opened to the public at its regular hour. They could have had their VIP event on a different day so that both groups could get pieces of the collection.
Anonymous said…
the cavalli collection is more inspried of the original brand name

if u remebered the buttons were made for the cavalli h&m collection

i think its more attractive collectin than this
Bahrain Fashion said…
I loved the pieces, very colorful and I adore the pink dress and the cobalt blue suit.. and I agree, its 10 times better than the Cavalli collaboration!

XX
Poor Girl said…
Looks you guys got a pretty good selection over there, we didn't even get the advertised pieces her in Bahrain and the choice was so dissapointingly limited.
Anonymous said…
best collab so far for H&M
I have bought MW for years and years before it even became popular and now own an entire closet of his main line and let me tell you, this collection was pretty darn good!
His main line embroidery is not THAT much better than the peacock one on the cardi. the yellow kaftan is beautiful with the chinoiserie print so is the white embroidered chiffon blouse. Got an almost identical one from main line in black :)
overall, big thumbs up.
cavalli was so poor, so was comme and viktor and rolf.
the stella and the karl collections were not bad although karls collab had bad quality issues too!!
Anonymous said…
cavalli was poor !!!!

seems that u came late dear it was a very wide collection =)
Anonymous said…
h&m ibkooooobra halaqa imhaliiqa min sijkom I wont buy any thing even for chalet!
Anonymous said…
ambe a39abch CALM DOWN!!!!
3aial men ween teshtren 7ag eshalet
3almenah
loOoOOoOOoOOlz
AZM said…
This is one of the better H&M/ designer collabs.
The last time a H&M and designer collab was this good was with Viktor&Rolf...

Judging from the men's collection in Jeddah, I was pretty impressed, I got those beautiful deep blue jeans with the studded waist line (my friend got the hot pink ones) and the floral shorts.
However I was disapointed for not finding my other favorite MW item, the deep green shorts!!!!
They did not have it, nor did they carry that sexy studded bike jacket, in grey and black.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .