Skip to main content

Cardamom And Lime

Browsing through Amazon.com or any bookshop in Kuwait, you can easily find hundreds of cook books on Middle Eastern cuisines. But to find a cook book written by a Kuwaiti girl in English about recopies from the Arabian Gulf is something that took me by surprise. And a very pleasant surprise it was.

Sarah al-Hamad is a food writer who divides her time between London and Kuwait. Passionate about the food and cooking traditions of the region, she wrote a book titled: Cardamom and Lime: Recipes from the Arabian Gulf, which features traditional dishes from the Gulf. The book is beautifully photographed and very easy to follow.

I strongly recommend buying this book. You can use it as a coffee table book, a house warming gift for your Kuwaiti friend who doesn't know how to cook (or needs her cook to learn Kuwaiti cuisine), or a gift to your western friends.


Kudos to Sarah, I'm very proud of you and I wish you the best of luck. Hope to see more books by you in the future.

Comments

ScaryToes said…
Wow this is so inspiring. I think I need that book, it looks pretty and I'll definitely pick up recipes!
Fuj said…
mashallah ..
Finally a q8i 6abbakha hits the amazon .alfal 7aq 3aber al rashid o alma6a7en . i'm proud of them all..
Confashion said…
ScaryToes
The recipes are very easy to follow. You won't regret buying it :)

Fuj
I swear I thought about Abeer Al-Rashid too.. she should have an english only version of her books and have them sold at Amazon and B&N!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .