Skip to main content

CCF: Channeling The Chanel

Spotted. 3 different takes of the cropped boucle jacket with a boxy shape and frayed edges a la Chanel style at Zara for KD 39.500. I see incarnations of Chanel's most coveted item, the tweed jacket, almost every season at different retailers because they sell like hot cakes and not every one can afford to buy the real deal. Another Credit Crunch Friendly item for sure. Wear it with pearl necklaces and a quilited bag and you’re good to go.


Comments

Bahrain Fashion said…
I love them all and they remind me of Sex and the City's Bunny MacDougal and when she said,"Don't ruffle me out. this is Chanel!"
1001 Nights said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
1001 Nights said…
I know I'm kind of pushing when I say this, but Zara and Topshop are so often frequented that people tend to know their pieces so for example when you wear something from Zara people often know it’s Zara. I want to push and challenge your fashionista skills and steer you away from the obvious choices especially since there's a whole world of stores now that are open that don’t have to axe your wallet.

Examples:

Reiss
Twist
Patricia Pepe
Designer’s Lounge
American Retro
DKNY
By Malene De Birger
Coco Ribbon
What I like about these stores is that there’s only ONE of each of them in Kuwait and I believe they are all less frequented than Zara and Topshop so as a customer you get more of a feeling of exclusivity when making a purchase.
ME said…
I liked the second one
Alfie Taraboulsi said…
Those to me look like homespun creations that might just as easily have come from Oxfam.
AZM said…
Absolutely disgusting.
I mean DIS. GUS. TING!

No one does Chanel like Chanel, and no one should attempt to.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .