Skip to main content

Dear Confashion: Bags For Fall


eshda3wa: Big bag, small bag, shiny bags... so many bags! Whats in for fall ?


A:As I mentioned previously on here, I think "it" bags are over-rated. Big or small, go with whatever you feel it reflects your personal style. Having said that, this season I'm thinking big, obnoxious, in-your-face kind of bags (and that's my personal style for this season). This fall, nothing seems over-the-top. Patent, patent, patent is the way to go. Choose a patent leather bag in gem colors as it would instantly compliment fall's black and grey colored clothes. This season, Chloe and Bottega Venetta presented beautiful patent leather bags.

If you're not into bold colors, pick a patent leather bag in black or grey but make sure that the bag has some hardware details like studs, chains, or zippers to give it that edgy rock-chic look. Brands which offer such handbags this season includes: Chanel, YSL, Stella McCartney, and Burberry.

Another alternative is to go for over-sized clutches that will take you from day to night. My fave this season are Fendi colored clutch, Jimmy Choo patent and python clutches, and Prada patent clutch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .