Skip to main content

Dear Confashion: How To Wear The Bubble Skirt


Rawan: Actually I'm in a fashion crisis since I have ordered this Rachel Pally black bubble skirt and I don't know what to wear on top? I was considering the Rachel Pally's swing turtlenecks with a waist belt? Moreover, I'm stuck with the color (black, deep purple, or the light brown). Or you may give me any other suggestion with what to wear on top since I'm outta ideas.

A: The bubble skirt makes a strong statement, so the trick is not to overwhelm it. Instead, keep your look simple and streamlined and let the skirt do the talking. So forget any sort of shapeless or loose tops, and pick a fitted top preferably in silk or chiffon for formal events or with cotton tops or fitted cropped jackets for day. And finish your look with a simple pair of round-toe ballerina flats for a casual outing or a solid-colored pair of killer platforms.

Since the color of your skirt is plain black, I suggest that you mix it with cobalt blue tops. Cobalt blue is so in and it compliments the dark shade of black. Or you can go classic with grey and with a touch of yellow and white. And you're good to go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like my sister question ;)
Comfashion: I really like the second outfit especially the black and white skirt from where you got it ?
Confashion said…
eve
Say hi to your sis ;) I hope I managed to help her!

unfortunately, I don't know either! There was no mentioned of the skirt's brand or where to get it from :\ Sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .