Skip to main content

BLAQ Beauty

My apologies for the radio silence. I've been extremely busy the past couple of weeks and did not have the luxury to spare a minute for updates here. However, I have been working on some exciting projects, one of which I'll be sharing with you now. BLAQ Concept store has invited me to manage their season's advertorial, so I got busy planning the outfits, styling the model, trying to art-direct (which I need to work on for future photo shoots), and taking photos. I'm actually pleased with the results! We tried to offer a mix of looks and options for young, on-the-go, and hip ladies. I must say I had a really hard time controlling my shopping instincts. I wanted almost everything I used to style the model with, it wouldn't hurt to get that flawless figure with it too (mashallah!). Take for example that beyond gorgous Emilio de la Morena velvet skater dress paired with an IRO leather jacket! The ideal option for a modern cocktail look. Scroll down for more looks that will take you from daytime chic to night glam in style.

You might be interested to know that BLAQ Concept store will be hosting a White Winter event in-store this Tuesday from 5pm to 10pm to celebrate the launch of their new season's selection. Pass by and you'll get special treats when shopping during the event. 

Culottes are the silhouette of the new season! I loved this mint-colored version with a hidden pleat by Noon by Noor. Paired it with a laid-back oversized knitted top, some statement necklace, and nude heels and you're right-on-trend. This outfit id perfect for work or evening going out with your friends for a casual chic sushi-night. 

We had to up the ante with this rock chic/edgy look. This Palmer Harding leather skirt has the most amazing metallic shade of maroon/purple. I paired it with a Chinti and Parker XO knitted top and a pair of multi-strap ankle boots by Toga. 



I can't seem to have enough of  Chinti and Parker's knitted tops! They're just timeless and you can wear them for years to come! Paired the knitted top with cropped slouchy leather pants and white shoes. 


Go all pretty and feminine with this Razan Alazzouni off-the-shoulders cropped top with a matching pleated skirt. All you need is a pair of statement golden earrings and you're good to go for a formal dinner or a reception. 


This bomber jacket with hand-cut details by  Palmer Harding made me speechless! It's definitely one of the most amazing pieces I have ever seen for Fall 2014. Look at the reflection of its color! I paired it with Frame Denim overalls and a pair of lace-up brogues. 



How about some statement armor rings by Aamaya By Priyanka Jewelry 

Distressed white tee by IRO paired with a Palmer Harding statement skirt and ankle boots. Perfection!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .