Last week I visited Egyptian artist Evelyn Ashamallah's art exhibition at AlAdwani Gallery. According to Mr. Wikipedia, the renowned artist worked as the Director of the Egyptian museum for contemporary art from 2000 to 2002 and held over 22 art exhibitions throughout her career. I'm not an expert in art, so I haven't heard of her before but I was intrigued to have a closer look at her work and find out more about the artist, especially when one of my friends snap-chatted one of her paintings. I kind of like this quirky style of paintings, distorted figures in bright colors, with a touch of magic fictitious legends. All of the paintings that I liked were waaaay over my budget! Around KD 5,800 each or a whopping KD 14,000 for a massive painting consisting of 10 square canvases placed next to each other. Even though I didn't end up buying anything, I very much enjoyed getting to know the artist and her work.
Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?





Comments
M