Skip to main content

The Paper Bag

One bag that caught my fashion radar during S/S 2013 Fashion Week was Celine's rectangular leather fold-over clutch, better known as the Paper Bag. I was so eager to see it up close and personal, and I finally did when I was in Dubai a couple of weeks ago as you can see from the above photo. The bag very much resembles the work of Chanel's rendition of the Paper Bag a few seasons ago if my memory serves me right.

It can carry all your essentials in your hand, under your arm or inside a larger bag. It pretty much looked like Celine's trio-bag but with a roll-at-the-top detail. Beautiful! But the only drawback? How impractical it was to roll up and roll down the clutch every time I wanted to hold it, which made it somewhat impractical, but let's face it, when did "impractical" ever stopped us from loving and buying what we really want.

If you're looking for a budget friendly version of this "it" bag, check out this link. 

*Runway and lookbook photos from brand reps.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .