Skip to main content

Event: Ecru

I was invited to the launch of ecru last night, which was held at Dar Al Funoon. ecru is a new Kuwait-based Homeware brand for those who enjoy simple luxuries. I have previously posted about the brand here.
Dar Al Funoon was transformed into something very cozy and magical, the entrance was decorated with Rumi lanterns that spun with last night's lovely breeze. And the entire ambiance felt more like visiting a friend's home than an art gallery. Each corner was utilized to give a different view, as you'll notice as you scroll down. ecru's selection of homeware gives you something a little bit different to add a touch of gorgeous charm to your home, all designed on the philosophy of beauty, comfort, and function. And it included all things nice for the home and garden, think pillow cases, napkins, stationary, serving trays and plates, lanterns, carpets, wall decoration, and even lounge wear. The perfect place to stock a wonderful range of gifts that you can spoil your family and friends with!

Scroll down for highlights of the evening, including fashion of course. The ecru exhibition is open to the public from 24th until 30th April. Opening hours are from 10:00am to 8:00pm.

Rumi lanterns lit up the entrance of Dar Al Funoon

I spotted the lovely talent behind Kuwait based brand Sirdab 6, Ms. Souad J A Al-Sabah. She was wearing one of her designs of course, and I loved the way it swayed as she was moving around. I can't wait to see her Ramadan collection.

How pretty and refreshing are the prints on these ecru storing bags?

In one section of the exhibition, the ecru team created a glow-in-the-dark children's room

I bumped into the lovely Hawazen Al Buaijan of goji boutique. Check out her arm party and that gorgeous Kotur snow-glob clutch.

The pineapple shaped serving plates (heart!)

Beautiful things by ecru

The ever-so-stylish and so sweet Afrah B, check out her clutch

Hussa of AlModa blog was wearing one of Noon for ecru lounge wear

In LOVE with her Miu Miu sandals

Doesn't the pants look very comfortable? the colors are just amazing. Also by ecru

Beautiful necklace

From left Nur Kaoukji and Noor Al Sabah, founders of ecru

And their beautiful accessories!

Spotted! Experiment 1 bag! Such a beautiful piece!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .