Skip to main content

Chanel Hearts Edinburgh

I passed by Chanel boutique in the Grand Avenue the other day to check out its Pre-Fall collection or better known as Métiers d'Art. It refers to the brand's in-between main season's collection. It usually takes place in a different destination every year and the design is always inspired by the culture of the selected destination, remember how popular the Bombai-inspired collection of last year? I loved the head pieces and the indian-inspired matryoshka doll/clutch. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd probably know by now that for 2013 the destination of choice was Scotland, or Edinburgh to be more precise.

The collection is known as Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Edimbourg 2013. And of course the designs incorporated knits, or knit effect like the boy bag shown above, and tartans. I actually liked the mohair covered tartan flap bag. Maybe I'll go for it since I'm looking for a new Fall bag? That is if it's still didn't fly off the shelves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .