Skip to main content

ON Motcomb

Last week AlOthman boutique has announced the launch of its sister store in London ON Motcomb. The boutique is located within walking distance of Harvey Nichols and right next door to one of my favorite and the most delicious deli/cafe in London Ottolenghi, which I have previously posted about here. 

According to ON Motcomb's website and instagram account, the bespoke space offers an exclusive personal shopping experience and is focused on selling luxury evening gowns and cocktail dresses by the biggest names in fashion including Balmain, Carolina Herrera, Elie Saab, Marchesa and more. They will also be offering exclusive pieces commissioned each season from Erdem, Giambattista Valli Couture, Marios Schwab and Zac Posen, whom by the way is not stocked anywhere else in London! Shocking I know! It makes sense to have a new destination for shopping focused entirely on eveningwear  in London because honestly whenever I shop for an evening gown at department stores, their selection is either limited or sells out fast because of the footflow, not to mention the distractions of shopping every corner on any department store whether the beauty section, contemporary, or accessories. 

As I skimmed through the boutique's instagram posts, I instantly fell in love with its minimal yet rich monotone interior, the wallpaper or the tiles covering the walls looked exceptional with its 3D effect. Apparently, the interior was designed by the talented Bahraini interior designer Ammar Basheir, whose previous work included the interior of AlOthman Bahrain, Plums restaurant at Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Bahrain, and Bahrain's National Theatre. And how cute are these french dogs silver statues surrounding the mannequin? Hmm.. shopping at ON Motcomb and then grab a quick bite at Ottolenghi? London anyone?? YES PLEASE!

ON Motcomb is located at 11-12 Motcomb St in London. Follow @onmotcomb to get their latest updates.

Photo credit @ONmotcomb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .