Skip to main content

Middle East’s Best Kept Fashion Secret

When I was a little girl, I used to collect stickers (who didn’t!). My collection was impressive because I used to buy my stickers from Munich and Zurich and they were of the most unique types: scratch-and-smell stickers, velvety stickers, strawberry shortcake stickers…etc. Which were very hard to find in Kuwait if not non-existent. And what was even more annoying is the fact that I used to show off my precious collection to my cousins and friends at school. And when asked from where I got them, my memory magically and selectively chose not to mention the source.

That’s exactly how I felt when I first saw the gorgeous designs of Saudi designer Mohammad Ashi’s Fall/winter 2009 collection. I wanted to keep it all to myself. I wanted to purchase every piece I saw on the runway and hide it in my closet. But because his work is sooo amazing, it’s only fair to give such talent and creativity the publicity it deserves.

Mohammad Ashi has recently presented his first women’s prêt-a-porter fashion show for Fall/winter 2009 in Beirut. The collection is inspired by the gloomy and romantic image of blind young boy whose inability to see the world around him, only enhances his ability to feel its powerful forces, the fable of both a simple child's innocence and a complex look at faith and humanity. In an imaginary garden in black and white, full of followers and colors all too unfamiliar to the mind of a blind youth. All of these overwhelming images are translated into the Ashi collection, attempting to bring all of these unprecedented images to life through the use of luxurious and modern fabrics.

Mohammad Ashi attended a French design school and obtained his bachelor’s degree in three years. He then teamed up with Elie Saab to present an haute couture and ready to wear spring/summer 2006 collection. This was followed by working on autumn/winter 2006-07 collection as an assistant designer of accessories, including bags and shoes.

These photos are not enough, I want more more more! I can't wait to see his next collection. If you have any inquiries or you would like to get in touch with Mohammad Ashi, send an e-mail to ashistudio@gmail.com.

Comments

Me Blogging said…
eyanen eyanen eyanen
abeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lesly said…
simply amazing!!!
Anonymous said…
i luv!!!
Anonymous said…
it is CREATIVITY


I want the jumpsuit its fablous

wow

its really worth keeping and not seeing
Anonymous said…
mashallah ! amazing !!!!
Anonymous said…
ahhh Munich;** I used to collect them to and yet till today I work and my pencil holder is filled with diddles pencil let alone their sticky notes and pens simply irrisistable;p
ScaryToes said…
realllly cute!
Hayona said…
WOOOW !!
amazing ! proud of u Ashi :D
Anonymous said…
Wayed 7olow , hatha wain mekana shloun an7asla ?

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .