Skip to main content

You Better Shop Around

After the Spring cleaning, comes the Spring shopping. So last week I decided to get busy and started my shopping spree at Villa Moda Shuwaikh (hence the VB collection), I was looking for something to update my wardrobe with, like a quick fashion fix. I wasn’t too impressed with what was in store. However, there were some items that made it to the “Confashion’s Interesting List” (which doesn’t necessarily translate to the “Must-Buy” List):

I found these Miu Miu black patent leather sling backs, which looked kind of OK on the shelves, but very adorable when I tried them on. The bow slightly covers your toes, making your feet look like a small fancy gift from net-a-porter. Unfortunately my size was sold out… so moving on to the next store…



Marni had its cruise collection on display, nothing special, the buyer must have missed choosing the key items from this collection. The color combination was fresh and semi-bright though. I liked the fuchsia clutch (how many Marni clutches does a fashionista really need?! Pass!). The super cute flats were also sold out in my size (hellooo crankiness, I'm not THAT crazy about them anyways).

The popular pop and punk 80s trend was obvious with this PUMA sneaker boots at Athlete’s Foot at VM. I wouldn’t buy it but I liked the color combination.

Prada, D&G, Dolce & Gabanna, Etro, YSL, Manolo, Gucci, Multi-Brand (Minus VB)? Boooring. Better luck next time maybe...

Comments

Fastidious Babe said…
i've been hitting a wall with shoes lately! can't find my size, i wonder who's beating me to the chase >_<
Anonymous said…
agree, who ever does the buying at Villa moda for the various stores needs some professional help. Its like they picked the worst things in the collections...Its such a pitty, thats why people by online so much, better choices
Anonymous said…
CONFASHIONSSSSSS

PRICES PRICES PRICES

why are you leaving them out :(

want those shoes
Anonymous said…
i think the mui muis Heel is too short for me.. i dont prefer that height on a heel

Xxo
AZM said…
It has always been the buyer's problem.

Catering for people who just buy vs. catering for people with fashion-forward thinking.

It's always like this, even in Saudi.

The right thing to do, is for the buyer's to really FIND THEIR OWN balance of the two.
But that seems too hard for them to comprehend, like I was teaching them about how make their microwave work on Nuclear Power
Mirelle said…
Hi there! I LOVE your blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .