Skip to main content

Dancing Around Town

I gasped and almost jumped for joy when I saw with these funky retro pink and black leather brogues from TopShop for less than KD 30. I swear to god that a few weeks back I was thinking why hasn’t anyone designed brogues in funky feminine colors?! Like pink or in neon patent leather. Now that I’ve found these, all I can think of is "I want to dance to some James Brown music!", Don’t ask me why! Anyways, buy these brogues for the ultimate uber-chic look.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Heyy confash,
This is Kuwait not London or NYC; U cant just wear shoes like that!!!; where do u think u live??
jeez,, ppl here are way more conservative!
HTKH said…
it's not living in a conservative country like kuwait, it's about whether that's your taste in shoes or not.

personally, i think they're ugly. then again, that's just my taste in shoes.
miss ghesquiere said…
um.. hahah first anon, so behind. ma 3alaich confash i love them. i've had my yellow ones from Solea from harrods for years now. and i have some from H&M and just got a rubber pair from Alex Herchcovitch/Melissa. They are the BEST!
oh and im sorry in this "conservative country" you can walk around in giant pilettos that make you look like a hooker but you cant wear nice shoes?
Anonymous said…
Conservative? Why, do you have to go out naked when wearing these shoes? Please, get a life. Ugh, I hate ignorant, close-minded people like you.
Anonymous said…
Im Anon#1

to HTKH: why don't you try walking in these shoes in the avenues; trust me fingers will be pointed, but now if you talk a walk on 14th street, NY, no one would care.

to miss...: so behind, your mom!
seriously; i ddint say they look like hooker shoes, but they are too much for kuwait. People are so into others' businesses. Its like so, ugghhh, i dont understand kuwait

btw i live in kuwait; but im from singapore.
Anonymous said…
Im anon #1

Im not close minded; kuwait is close minded wahahaha
Confashion said…
anonymous 1
Thanx for your opinion.
When it comes to my personal fashion choices, I don’t really care what other people might think. Especially when it comes to shoes.. AND flat ones... So live and let live. :)
1001 Nights said…
Kuwait has people who are fashion-challenged as well as people who are the very epitome of elegance so the idea that Kuwaitis are too close-minded for these shoes is whatever.

Personally, I hate them because like HTKH I believe they are ugly and it's like they're trying to be quirky but they're not pulling it off so they're just like WA3 :P
Anonymous said…
after reading this whole convo over and over again - anon.#1 , i think your the closed minded one here. Ive walked in the ave's many times wearing these kind of shoes, and NO, no one pointed their fingers on me. its self confidence, sadly you seem to lack it. Because if you did have self confidence ( like our dearest confash ;*), you wont give a shit if someone pointed their finger at you.. so what? dont tell me , YOU never pointed you finger at anyone :)! i dont want to be mean here, but its the truth .. deal with it ! Confash, kilman la rayaah.. and im happy that you dont care what people think..life's toooo short to care what others think about you! i think you've got great taste :D
il Shei5a said…
I agree with anonymous # 2!!
way to go Confash ;*
topshop is amazing, though i dont buy alot from it. I found these ( might seem like a no-way to you at first) denim leggings and i fell in love with them , esspecialy paired with an oversized blouse.

- il Shei5a
miss ghesquiere said…
oola shda3waa kil hatha over a pair of shoes? calm down anon #1... :o

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .