Skip to main content

Paris Fashion Week - Part II

Sigh.. Isn't the Arc De Triumph a fabulous view? I was walking around, looking for a cozy cafe to have breakfast, before hitting our schedules for Paris Fashion Week and couldn't resist to take this photo. The weather was so crisp and chilly. Just the right combination to start your day with a nice chocolat chaud. Moving on...


In addition to the designer showrooms we have visited, we also paid a visit to a couple of trade shows and exhibitions. I was surprised to see so many American buyers, all the American department stores reps attended.

We went to TRANOI, which is basically a luxury presentation and exhibition of high fashion and new talented designers. To access the exhibition you have to get the mini harmonica necklace (shown in the picture below) by registering with them. TRANOI was held in 3 different locations around Paris. We managed to go to two of them. It was packed with people and you can't finish it in one day. Not all brands shown there are worth viewing.

Vendome Luxury Trade Show was also held in different locations and personally, I think it carried the most refined collections of clothes and accessories. You'd need to get the yellow badge (shown on the below pic) to access the exhibition.

Another exhibition we attended was Première Classe, which is the most important trade show for stores buying shoes. It's a good place to get an overview of what's available for the season and the latest shoe trends.


Of course, after a long day of meeting designers and people in the fashion business, the "it" place to hang out at is Hotel Costes, located at rue St. Honore. It is the place to see and be seen by the trendy Paris Fashion Week crowd (we spotted British actor John Hurt leaving the hotel). We had a quick meal at the courtyard café, which had a very attractive setting. If you plan to dine there during fashion week, make sure to pick out the most stylish, yet understated outfit in your closet to wear.

I miss Paris already! In my future posts, I'll try to briefly highlight the best restaurants and cafés to go to in Paris. Until then.. Au revoir.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you Majed's latest muse??
:)
NewQ8 Bride said…
glad u had fun ( i can feel that ) ;P
Anonymous said…
You are so lucky I wish I could go; their I.D.s are so cute and innovative!

When I go on my habitual visit to Paris this summer I'll be sure to check out Costes.

Btw, didn't you go to any fashion shows (i.e. catwalks)?
lala said…
love your article !! more more more paris ! :D

im curious now as to what you have planned after all the visiting .. are you a buyer?
Anonymous said…
Confashions. I need your advice!
I'm planning on going to Paris/London/NYC fashion week as a buyer. Are those 3 the best showroom? And I should apply to attend online as a new buyer?
Also, what should I wear to Fashion week? Heels? Diamonds? Birkins & Loubs? Help me please!
Confashion said…
The best showrooms would be Paris THEN London. Usually all the american designers come to Paris to display their collections in showrooms during Paris Fashion week, it's easier for them this way to meet with buyers from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. As for what to wear, you have to look SUPER stylish, doesn't matter what brands as lon as you can pull off the season's trends and easy on the diamonds. I'm not sure how you apply as buyer though...
Anonymous said…
Are the 3 showrooms the best ones that you recommend? Any advice is appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .