Skip to main content

Confashion at Paris Fashion Week!


Never have I thought, not in a million years, that I would actually say this but I went to Paris Fashion Week!!! It started from late February till first week of March. I was given this golden opportunity by a good friend of mine, who I'll forever be grateful to (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making my dream come true!), to join them on their frequent trip to Paris Fashion Week and help with the season's selections. Trust me, there is no experience like being at Paris Fashion Week. Mingling with fashion icons, spotting celebrities in their designer duds (Anna Wintour, Ashley Olsen, Mischa Barton, and Princess Dina of D.NA to name a few), getting to see next Fall's collections up close and personal, and having dinners with famous designers, buyers, and editors. It was so surreal and overwhelming!

It was interesting to see fabulous looking fashionistas trotting around Paris in painfully high shoe booties and platforms, elaborate funky headbands, formfitting minidresses, and huge Birkins, Chanels, and Balenciagas filled with line sheets and lookbooks, and that's during the day only. I was also fascinated by how luxurious and beautiful the biggest suits at hotels such as the Ritz, Plaza Athénée, and Park Hyatt Vendome as this is where the biggest names in fashion business show their fall collection for fashion buyers around the world (by appointment only).

Unfortunately, I cannot go into details as this will result in exposing identities. But I'll share with you some info and photos of my trip in my next posts.

P.S.: I'm probably the only fashion blogger to write a post about Paris Fashion Week THAT late! Well, better late than never ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
aaah omg soooo jelousss!!!!!!!
Unknown said…
heheh lucky you!!! testahleen wallah :) can't wait for the pics!
FourMe said…
Wow now that's a dream come true congrats..And I was wondering where you disappeared off to! Keep the names give us the juicy gossip and intricate details .. some how I think we can guess who you went with ;)
Big Pearls said…
Mabrooook, take me with u next time:p
NewQ8 Bride said…
7abeebte 3aleech bl3afeya i know how it feels to live your dream 3aleech bl3afeya

it was the same for me when traveled alone last month so 7asa bsh3oorich :)

mabrook o yalaah nabee new trnds
Yara said…
woooooow :) glad u had fun testahlaain walla... o 7amdelaah 3al salamaaa :) pics pics! :)
Ansam said…
7emdela 3'salama
good to have you back :-)
Glitter said…
I'm green- this season's color- WITH ENVY!!!!!!!
Lala* said…
That's NOT fair,

you HAVE TO atleast give us the name of the boutique you helped, so we can rush to buy from them this Fall the selections you picked!
Confashion said…
anonymous
I'll take that as a compliment :P

vixen
Thank you ;) I'd hate to disappoint you but don't expect a lot of pics :|

fourme
Thanks ;) I don't have a lot of gossip to share :\ but hopefully u'll find my next posts interesting enough to read :)

big pearls
Thank u ;)

new bride
Thanks for your support ;)

yara
allah yesalmich ;) I wish i had taken more photos...

ansam
Thank u ;)

glitter
That's one color i'm going to see a lot this season ;)

lala
Thanks for the nice compliment ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .