Skip to main content

Event: Peace of Art Exhibition

I found out about the Peace of Art exhibition by coincidence while doing my regular walks at AlShaheed Park. The exhibition is organized by LOYAC Kuwait, a nonprofit organization working towards the overall development of youth within our region and to empower them through unique opportunities to evolve into highly humane effective citizens.
LOYAC is re-purposing oil barrels into seats that are going to be showcased throughout various venues in all of Kuwait’s governorates. The intention behind using oil barrels is to highlight the nation’s most prized asset, as a symbol of peace and contribution, further underlining Kuwait’s role as an advocate of humanitarian initiatives, activities and breakthroughs.

I was impressed by how organized the exhibition was and by the work of some of the participants/artists. My favorite barrel was this beautiful piece, shown in the first photo above, designed and painted by Ibrahim Habib who is a devoted fine arts educator. According to his bio on display in the exhibition, his dedication towards the development and appreciation of art in Kuwait can be seen through his dynamic roles as an Art Consultant, Instructor, and Head of Art Supervision at Kuwait University, Dar Al-Athar Al-Islamiyyah, and Bayt Lothan, respectively. I also liked the artwork done on the barrels shown below. Scroll down to find out who the creative brains behind them:

By the way! You can bid for this beautiful piece and more via this link.

This barrel is painted by Abdulraheem, also known as F160, one of Kuwait’s most promising artists. I personally own two paintings by the artist and one miniature wooden boat. His curiosity towards history, media, poetry and politics, allow him to develop an extreme level of depth behind his work.

This one is more on the funky side! It is painted by Abdulla Al Enizi, a member Kuwait’s extravagant graffiti artist community. This would look cool outdoors.

I love this piece! It is painted by Amira Behbehani, one of Kuwait’s leading female artists. She has engraved herself into Kuwait’s history, as a pioneer in the world of art. I would love to have this piece in a corner at my new home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .