Skip to main content

Talise Spa

I was invited to a private tour of Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel's recently open spa, Talise. The spa has exactly what you need to truly relax and unwind; including saunas, massage rooms, hot tubs, jacuzzi, steam room, plunge pool, ice room, and salt room, which I'll explain more about in a few. The place smelled nice and I felt instantly transformed into a serene and tranquil environment. At the reception area of the spa, they had 3 line of beauty products on display, and if my memory serves me right, I think they're exclusively sold at Talise spa: Natura Bisse, which is a complete beauty cure that greatly improves the skin's ability to protect itself from stress and help prevent the damages caused by our modern lifestyle, Aromatherapy Associates, which is known as the world's leading expert in creating aromatherapy treatments and products at a professional and therapeutic standard for your complete physical and emotional well-being, and finally ila, an organic handmade luxury skincare and spa products from the finest ingredients. 

And then the Spa's assistant manager and the hotel's PR manager walked me through the spa and it's services. They offer you massage treatments and facials, aromatherapy, and sports massage to soothe, stimulate, refresh and heal your body. I was most intrigues by the ice room and salt room. The ice room is a small freezing room which you go to for a couple of minutes after the sauna to cool down and to invigorate the senses. The salt room, shown in the last two photos here, is the first of its kind in the Middle East. Basically the floors, ceiling and walls are all covered with blocks of Himalayan salt and rocks to create a sterilized and negative ion environment. The benefit of the slat room is to treat respiratory conditions such as allergy, asthma, and sinus infection, and eczema. All you have to do in the salt room is sink into a water bed, relax and breathe in the salt air. They also had real tree branches in one corner sprayed with salt water to give a natural smell to soothe the senses. The salt room can be accessed after completing your massage/facial treatment. 

They also had a private couple treatment room, with built in Hydro bath services (more photos below), and one of the most grand Hammam table I've seen. It also had its own private salt room. 

After the tour I tried the De-stress Oil Message, which took around 85 minutes, and time just slipped away. I honestly felt like I was the only person in the spa. The massus was extremely professional and very friendly. And after the treatment, the felt completely rejuvenated. 

I have looked at the price list, and I have to admit that some treatments were quite pricey, probably because they use diamond-based products for it. The rest were reasonably priced. Overall, the spa is so worth a visit for those special occasions, and a must if you want to pamper yourself. 

To book appointments at Talise Spa, please call (965) 2226-9688. 


Comments

the man who knew too little said…
Although each, I am sure has it's own strengths, on balance which do you reckon is the better spa: the Talise at the Jumeirah Messilah Beach or the Six Senses at the Missoni?
Put another way, which did it for you for relaxation and de-toxification?

Repondez s'il vous plait!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .