Skip to main content

B Journal's Photoshoot

In a previous post I mentioned that we worked with B Journal, a lifestyle quarterly printed magazine with carefully curated in-depth reports and engaging stories from Kuwait and around the world, on a special fashion editorial. The theme of the editorial was about nature and all clothes, shoes, and handbags were provided by AlOthman Boutique, being surrounded by the most stylish high-end designer pieces and the prettiest shoes, I really felt like a kid in a candy store. I had to remind myself that all this is for the photoshoot, we're not shopping here! Anyhow, the model was Tunisian designer Jihene Bin Jazia, you can find out more about her and her lovely caftan designs by clicking here. The jewelry and the watches were provided by Behbehani Group, so lots of fine things  by Van Cleef and Arpels and Korloff. Actually we had to have someone guarding the pieces the whole time while doing the shoot, especially that one Van Cleef and Arpels watch costs like something around KD 65,000 (that's around $228,390!!!). You can see it in the photos shown below. 

The photoshoot took place at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa. I'll only share one look from the editorial, I like the combination of this look, the different textures compliment each other, we had the designer wear Maison Rabih Kayrouz's dress as a skirt and paired it with a Maison Rabih Kayrouz leather front top and ribbed back and sleeves. The Sophie Hulme bag, which you can barely see in the first photo on the side table, came in the same shade as the dress. And finally we went for the Aperlai textured heels to add an element of surprise to the warm-colored outfit. All available at AlOthman Boutique. 

B Journal should be out soon, I think sometime in October, and I can't wait to see the final results of the editorial. 

Those Aperlai textured shoes are TDF! Must decide which Aperlai heels I'm getting from AlOthman this season. 

The lovely Jihene striking a pose to the camera

THE KD65,000 Van Cleef and Arpels watch is shown here on the left...


Comments

chanelaftercoco said…
Love the heels in the last picture! where are they from?

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .