Skip to main content

Vintage Chanel

I was excited to see a unique selection of vintage Chanel jewelry and handbags being sold at Harvey Nichols Kuwait. Their selection is by New York-based brand What Goes Around Comes Around (WGACA), the premier destination and purveyors of fine vintage and luxury. This is the kind of stuff I want and always look for when I shop, as in unique not necessarily vintage.  Special pieces that nobody else has. Besides, I think by now I'm sick of the boy bag.

On the subject of vintage, for some reason I was under the impression that vintage clothing is any clothing from a decade ago, or items you buy from a thrift store. Obviously I was misinformed. Vintage clothing is technically any sort of clothing twenty five years old or older. 

Would you splurge on a vintage designer piece or prefer the on-trend in-season pieces?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wouldn't buy them telling how over priced they are. However I do wear my mom's vintage chanel accessories/handbags which are very similar to the ones shown (but sometimes I have doubts giving how old they are,what do you think?)
I asked my mother about the prices back then and she confirmed that they were not even near these prices, I guess that's good news for our current designers items;)
into vintage said…
I am extremely glad that you shed some light on this subject. I would not mind buying the vintage pieces, since as you have mentioned, the rarity of owning a piece that is not mainstream is an investment. I too have become sick of the boy bag. It has caused such a frenzy.

What are your thoughts on the Chanel lego clutch or no.5 bag?

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .