Skip to main content

Autumn in New York

OK, I have so many things to share with you that I don't even know from where to begin! I stayed at the most stylish and tallest boutique hotel in the heart of Manhattan, The London NYC. The service was impeccable and you don't need to worry about bookings of any kind because with their internationally renowned concierge department, Quintessentially, you'll have access to any venue you wish to go to. And what appealed to me the most is the fact that it has the first Gordon Ramsay restaurant in the states (YUM!). I took some photos of the room, but they don't do the place justice. So click here for their official website photos.

After a long flight from London to the other London (NYC), a fashionista needs a "blissful" experience to unwind and re-energize for loooong shopping sprees ahead.

For a change of view and to try out new places, I had breakfast a couple of times at "Cafe Metro" which is located just around the corner from the hotel. They serve fresh and healthy food.

Times Square is so overrated. It's not my first time to be there . but since I was in NYC, might as well check out the latest animated neon ads and television-style signage in this area. I stayed there for a maximum of 10 minutes and fled.

Comments

Anonymous said…
didnt like cafe metro there is another salad bar that also serves fresh sandwiches on 54th and lex. ooh and DO NOT miss AVRA a greek restaurant btwn 3rd and lex. on 48th E =P eee o TAO!
Daddyz Girl said…
I stayed at this hotel last yr it was remarkable experience I love the hotel & city
Anonymous said…
OMG please show us more about ur exoerience! :)
vaya said…
Hi C, glad to c we share same tastes. I stayed there myself too last September. Impeccable hotel, great location and the room! Oh THE ROOM! the largest in NYC ;)
Terza Stella said…
Confashions plz plz we want to see more of ur shopping hunts .. :P
Confashion said…
Lemon-aid
They had really good organic soups (yum!). The problem with NY restaurants, they're either a hit or a miss. So I'll def try AVRA next time I'm there :)

Daddyz Girl
Siiigh.. me too! :)

Anonymous
Definitely! :)

Vaya
That was exactly what I said to my friends and family! The room was just amazing in terms of space in NY!! VERY spacious.
Confashion said…
Terza Stella
More coming soon ;)
miss ghesquiere said…
i personally prefer the Gramercy Park hotel. SOOOO my style + im obsessed w julian schnabel so.. but im glad you had a great trip! i was there this summer... so humid!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .