Skip to main content

Event: PLTQ8 Outdoor Festival at Salhiya

In celebration of its one year anniversary, PLTQ8 has arranged an outdoor festival at Salhiya Mall Plaza (the space area across from Lorenzo and Johnny Rockets), where 25 local and regional brands have participated in. So I passed by the event yesterday and I instantly felt like I was walking in one of the nice urban areas of Beirut. I think it was the mix of nice weather, the way items where displayed, the cobblestone flooring, and way the place was decorated with fairy lights, which I'm sure looked pretty at night. Several brands were showcasing their items in Kuwait for the first time, the rest of the brands are familiar names to the local scene, but they did have new and never-been-seen selection on display. So it's definitly worth checking out. I assure you it will bring you 2-days of fabulous fashion finds and enjoyable atmosphere (Last day is Thursday 6th December). Scroll down for some of my favorite pieces, highlights of the evening, and one of the best-dressed uber-chic girls I've spotted during the event.

This gorgeous diamond and precious stones necklace by Th'haba stopped me in my tracks! Look at the artistic detail on the stone! Beyond amazing! The owner of Th'haba (shown in the first photo) explained to me that this limited edition piece is a collaborated design between Th'haba and a Kuwaiti artist named Najat Hussein. Honestly I was hesitant to share this necklace on my blog because I shamelessly admit that I I wanted it for myself. But this is way too gorgeous to be hidden from the world! I hope the piece will still be there by tomorrow! Note to self: if you see something you like, buy it now or regret it forever.

We also had the pleasure of meeting the creative force behind Bahraini brand Annada, who produce silk scarves with prints of artwork by famous Bahraini artists. Great gift idea for someone who appreciates art. They come in two sizes and their price range is between KD 40 and KD 70 if I'm not mistaken.

Saudi-based brand Auras Jewels had a pretty and delicate selection of rings, necklaces, and braceletes. I have previously featured them here on my blog. My favorite were their mid-knuckle rings with Arabic calligraphy shown below (Thank you M for being my hand model for the day!)

Hellooo fashion! Great sense of style AND extremely sweet??! I rare formula these days. The jacket! Le siiiiigh.

Cuuute! A ring by Kuwaiti brand Daimanti, they had a nice selection of jewelry, they're very delicate in design, great for layering up. The sweet owners were kind enough to pose for my camera.

Here's a pretty and familiar face! Who else presents the most feminine and girly designs in our region? The ever-so-sweet Saudi-designer Razan Alazzouni was dressed in one of her designes bein sur and wrapped her shoulders with a beautiful pashmina and lace shawl.

I die!! I bumped into this sweet uber-cool girl in previous events and she always hits the right fashion notes. Yesterday was no exception. And one photo is not enough to showcase her sense of style. here you go, feast your eyes....

Florescent necklaces?! Perfect for the summer worn with maxi dresses! I spotted them at Mixage Boutique's display.

I liked the dramatic detail of this maroon colored gown by Saudi designer Naeema Al Shuhail

Last night I have instagramed this photo of paper models dressed in Bahraini-designer Lulwa Al Amin's designs standing pretty in Salhiya's garden, how creative is that?!? The lovely designer had a special capsule collection on display for the first time, you can get a glimpse in the photo below. I loved the new pieces, they looked very wearable and artistic. And I loved the fact that I finally got to meet the designer face-to-face. We've only known each other through e-mail when Lulwa first introduced her brand to me. You can read the previous post here.

Two people I had the pleasure to meet were Lama Tahir and her sister. Lama is the creative brain behind Saudi brand Lum. The girls were unbelievably sweet and we chatted for a while. Lum offers a selection of simple yet sweet evening gowns and cocktail dresses.

Shoooh! Boutique owner always looks stylishly impeccable and always super sweet. And check out her faaaabulous fur vest! She is currently selling it at her boutique, which is located at Salhiya Complex M2.

Some feet candy by Shoooh! Boutique

In love with this statement necklace made using laser-cut wooden pieces and designed by Kuwaiti jewelry designer Muneera Al Sharhan. It is worth mentioning that Muneera Al Sharhan graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Jewelry and Metalsmithing from Rhode Island School of Design in 2011. I have previously featured her work on my blog here.

And last but not least, check out the latest designs by one of my favorite local designer May Jewelry. Perfect for everyday use or for gifting someone special.



Comments

LadyB_Q8 said…
You pictures rocks !
Mine really sucks since it was dark I'm so hesitant to share them now !
Confashion said…
LadyB
Thank you so much! Very flattered :*
I'm sure they're just as lovely :)
Anonymous said…
I would love to see what you rocked and wore for the event too! can you show us? like daily outfit

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.