Skip to main content

Lucy in Disguise Launch Party‏


I had the pleasure to join Dubai’s fashion pack at an event organized by Boutique 1 to celebrate the launch of vintage inspired fashion line called Lucy in Disguise

When I first received the invite I was like, the name of the brand sounded familiar, and then it hit me, last March when I was in London I did actually shop at a vintage store of the same name. I didn’t know back then that the store is owned by British pop singer and icon Lilly Allen (heart!) and her sister and business partner Sarah Owen. And now they've launched their 18 piece collection of cocktail and tea dresses with flapper and 70’s styles by the same name as their vintage store exclusively at Harvey Nichols London and Dubai's Boutique 1.

Yup, the designer sisters themselves Lily Allen and Sarah Owen were there at Boutique 1's event! Needless to say I had a hard time on deciding what to pack with me and what to wear! So I packed two outfits , you know, just in case I change my mind or some wardrobe malfunction happens. And it did! (Murphy’s law!!) Just as I was wearing outfit #1, a button fell down, so I called the hotel’s room service asking for a sewing kit, and they send me a SHAVING kit!! (things like that always happen to me!) But thankfully, they acknowledged the misunderstanding and sent me the sewing kit. Anyhow, to cut a long story short. I arrived at the event and the DJ was spinning funky tunes, the people were dressed to the nines, and we were treated to canapés, ice cream, and manicures. I really enjoyed mingling with people there and had a quick chat with the lovely designer duo. The whole atmosphere was just fun and fabulous!

And that’s not all! We had the chance to shop the Lucy in Disguise collection and shop Boutique 1's exclusive 50% off sale! Scroll down for some bits and pieces on the event.

Thank you Boutique 1 for the lovely and unforgettable evening!

Let's have a look at some of Lucy in Disguise's collection. ‘The Roxy’ red jumpsuit was favored by a lot of people at the event.

And here come the stars of the evening, dressed in LID of course!...
Lilly Allen and her sister Sarah Owen. Their skin was absolutely flawless!

I loved Sarah Owen's red heels!
Stylish party people. I really liked the Mary Katrantzou dress on the right
How adorable is this tutu skirt!?
Dressy shorts were the "it" fashion piece of the evening. At least 8 or 9 fashionistas were wearing the dressy shorts in different variations: leather, lace, missoni knit, crepe, silk... etc.
Check out these lovely pleats on David Koma pink dress worn by none other than the fabulous and one of the best dressed people of the evening Iman Pasha. I have to find a photo where you can see her from head to toe, the ones that I took were blurry (bummer!). She is just amazing! I loved her energy and her good vibes! So sweet!
It was so lovely to meet the gorgeous beauty blogger Huda Kattan of Huda Beauty and her gorgeous sister Mona too (the left side picture).

Rose gold metallic pumps by Brain Atwood
Loved this Chloé bag worn by the fabulous Zeina Sultani, the creative designer behind Beirut-based brand Ines. I have featured her before on my blog here. So it was nice to put a face to the name.
Remember that cute floral dress?
I love this girl! Zubaida of Butter Hot Shoes. She's so sweet and I had the pleasure to meet her twin sister too who was just as sweet and so very friendly.
And proving that floor-sweepers can be so flattering and so on trend, the gorgeous Dubai-based designer Ayesha Depala wore mint-colored maxi dress paired with a cute bow-belt cinching her slim waist. I think her look just exudes an aura of effortless glamor and elegance.

Comments

Seems like it was a fun event! Love the outfits some of the girls were wearing!
Confashion said…
The Manhattan Team
They were a lot of fashionistas which I missed taking photos of! They looked right on-trend :)
Mona M. Kattan said…
Loved meeting you!! You're so AMAZING!!! Hope to see you soon!!! <3
<3 <3
Confashion said…
Mona M. Kattan
Like wise babes xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.