Skip to main content

Outfit of the Day

Hands down! Rabih Kayrouz is the BEST womenswear Lebanese designer so far. I got this pinstriped blazer with golden pomegranate-shaped cuff links from AlOthman Boutique. The blazer has diagonal side slits which gives the blazer an unexpected, yet flattering, shape. I paired it with my loose-fit patch-work jeans, which I bought from Berlin from a place called Manila Grace.

So why does Rabih hold this title in my fashion book? First off, you can never categorize his designs as the typical Lebanese designs, you would never see models on the runways dressed in lace gowns covered in beads and sequins season after season. His approach in design, minimalism chic, is never ever boring! His designs have the power to stand the test of time with such grace and high impact. I have personally met Rabih Kayrouz and found him to be so down to earth and easy to talk to, a rare quality these days. And last but not least, he gives back to his community in such a way that I don't think any other Lebanese designer ever did. Kayrouz co-founded in 2008 a non-profit organisation called the Starch Foundation which helps young Lebanese designers launch and promote their debut collections. Isn't this amazing?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .