Skip to main content

JNBY

Young girl, there's no need to feel down.

I said, young girl, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young girl, 'cause JNBY is new to town
There's no need to be unhappy.

It's fun to shop at the J.N.B.Y.
It's fun to shop at the J.N.B.Y.

Ok my apologies to you (and the Village people!) I got carried away a bit, but it's been a while since I last seen a really cool boutique that won't break the bank! Allow me to introduce you to Shuwaikh's latest shopping destination JNBY, which stands for Just Naturally Be Yourself. Beautiful right?!

So I was invited by the super sweet owner Arwa Al Ghanim to have a first look at her recently open store. Basically, it's a contemporary design driven brand which first launched out of Hangzhou China, and now has over 600 stores worldwide. It offers a vast selection of apparel and accessories for women, kids, and men (well men is coming soon, actually this september so stay tuned!). 


Their women's selection makes any minimalist-loving heart skip a few fluttering beats. I can easily describe the designs in 4 words, functional, innovative, timeless, and extremely wearable! Think COS but with limited quantities, so you avoid these "who wore it better" situations, especially that we live in a small community. And the best part? The most expensive piece won't cost you more than KD 50! Total financial bliss! As for the kid's selection, it's more on the fun and colorful side, and can easily be mixed and matched with at least 2-4 items in-store (or even your kids wardrobe!). I have to worn you though, their sizes are a tad bit small (for women at least), but that's shouldn't be a problem if you're a fat-free lady. I bought 5 pieces from the store already, and planning on a re-visit very soon! Scroll down to get a quick view of the merchandise and the store. 

Big thanks to Arwa for your warm welcome and to Sara Al Abdul Kareem for the lovely presentation and modeling. ;)

J.N.B.Y.is located at Shuwaikh's Lily Center. Opening hours are from 10am to 1pm and from 4:30pm to 9:30pm. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .