Skip to main content

Round And Round We Go

I have finally managed to go to 360 Mall. And even though the mall has a vast selection of high-end luxury brands such as: YSL, Dolce & Gabanna, Bottega, Gucci, Mathew Williamson, and Mcqueen, I've found the selection to be rather on the ... yawn side. I mean, Gucci already has a branch at Al Fanar and MW is already stocked at Al Othman, so why have it in another location in a small country?! Beats me. Anyhow, I'd like to share with you some of the things that I found interesting there... (like the humongous blue chandelier shown in the above photo)

My first stop was at a new store called ShoeBox NY. I was impressed to find a selection of shoes by Loeffler Randall (shown in the photo above). I think Randall boots are the best in terms of quality and price.

These golden gladiator sandals with wings detail from ShoeBox NY reminded me of the cartoon Astérix

Bimba & Lola is another Uterqüe-like store that I really liked. It has a cute selection of budget-friendly accessories and shoes like these snake skin peep-toe kitten heels which were KD 60 or 60-something.

Melange has an adorable selection of hair bands for the Blair within you. It also has new hair band designs by Kuwaiti designer Ibrah.

And I saved the best part of my 360 visit for last, which is the Fourth Pyramid exhibition, an exhibition outlining the life of the legendary Egyptian singer Um Kalthum. I'm definitely taking my parents to this exhibition, they would LOVE it.

Here are some photos of Um Kalthum's visit to Kuwait where a Private party was held back in the 60's. I tried to figure out some of the faces here. I only was able to identify Adlah Al-Sayer. Do you recognize any of the women featured in these photos? I would have loved to be a part of this historical party/gathering. The women here all looked so chic and glamorous.



Two of my favorite paintings at the exhibition. I wasn't able to get info on whether they're for sale or not. Probably not..



And here are Um Kalthum's original handbag and shoes by Gucci. Imagine how much these vintage items would cost if they sell them. The bag looked beautiful and very classy.

What was your favorite section/store at 360 and Um Kalthum's exhibition?

Comments

Bahrain Fashion said…
It's always nice to discover a new mall! Oh, and I went to the Fourth Pyramid Exhibition in Bahrain's Moda Mall. Very nice ;)
Anonymous said…
I think the woman sitting right next to her in the first picture is Lulwa Al Qutami.
Anonymous said…
yes the woman sitting to her left is lulwa al qatami not adla al sayer
Confashion said…
In the 2nd picture the women sitting to her right is Adla Al-Sayer for sure.. the first pciture according to anon, it's loulwa al-qatami
miss ghesquiere said…
yes!! i was gona show my friend. in one of the pics, the woman on the far right wearing the thob is my friend's grandmother!!
Ansam said…
3ayal I am unlike you! I like to have the option of having the store (or brand) sold at different locations! AlOthman is a one shop stop... 360Mall will be a whole day of shopping! I can go shop, eat, coffee, walk around, meet friends ;-) And plus its a MOOD thing! Let us have the options heheh

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.