Skip to main content

Preen S/S 2013 with Moda Operandi

So! Back to my London fashion Week updates, so far I only managed to post one. I know I've been lazy with my posts but it has been a very hectic week. So let's get this party posts going! And what's better way to kick start the updates other than with Moda Operandi, the only online retailer that allows you to shop designer ready-to-wear fashion and accessories straight from the runway.

I have been invited by the Moda Operandi team to accompany them at the Preen by Thornton Bregazzi's S/S fashion show, which was held at the Natural History Museum. And also to get to meet one of my style icons Artistic Director of Moda Operandi Taylor Tomasi Hill. I've always admired her sense of style. She just knows how to have fun with fashion and what works for her. And that's the way it shouldn't be, fashion is always changing and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Of course since the day I have eagerly accepted the invite and until the 16th September, I was constantly thinking to myself "this is too good to be true!!" I was thinking so much about it that I suddenly became insomniac! What should I say,  how to keep my cool, and most importantly WHAT TO WEAR!!! And as always, when I over-plan and over-prepare, I never get my look right! But honestly who cares?!! I sat next to Taylor Tomasi Hill front row, and had brunch with the MO girls for god's sake!!! Who would have thought! Enough of that teenager drama, let's get to the important stuff. 

So the amazing Moda Operandi team Taylor, Hayley, Bettina, and Ashley, as you can see them in the photo shown above, looked extremely chic. The four of them were walking down the street towards the fashion show premises with their model-like figure and for a second I could've sworn I  was watching an episode from  Sex and the City. I could hear the street style photographers snapping away in the background.  We did our "hello's and Hi's" and they were all down-to-earth and super sweet, I instantly felt comfortable with their company. We were right on time, the show began 5 minutes later.

Preen by Thornton Bregazzi's S/S fashion show was simply fabulous! The husband and wife designers prsented looks using a combination of patch-worked lace, snakeskin (not a huge fan of this print though), and floral prints in navy, plum,  yellow, and fuchsia palette. The designed looks started off somewhat simple then gradually sprung off into bold and unexpected details. Think asymmetry, modern kimono sleeves, and an A-line skirt with slit that revealed a hidden mini skirt. I loved the shoes too, not sure if they have collaborated with a designer for the shoes, Maybe Manolo?

You will be able to pre-order Preen on Moda Operandi sometime next week. For a better look of the entire collection, please click here. Please scroll down for some of my  highlights of the show.

British model and socialite Cara Delevingne

Oooh loved this pair!!

My least favorite look... too many reptiles! Yikes!

Goooorgeous skirt!! Check out its embellishment

The final walk...

And now for some celebrity spotting.. Fashion blogger Diane Pernet of A Shaded View on Fashion

When the hunter becomes the hunted! I captured Street Style Photographer Tommy Ton in action outside the show. And below American DJ and model Leigh Lezark just before the show.



Comments

LadyB_Q8 said…
Jealous?
sez who *cries*
I'm soooo happy for you I'm actually feeling the rush and they couldn't have picked some one better for the mission so proud of you dear !
Confashion said…
LAdyB
Hahaha Thank you sooo much :** That was very kind of you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.